(By Rick Fink) Last week, I asked, “Are You Contagious?” In that column, I suggested that not every day is a great day and that you should never let your clients know you’re having a bad day. In keeping with that, the sermon at my church this week was about troubled times and how we respond to those moments.
While I listened, and my mind may have wandered, I started thinking about how that relates to media sales and management. Here is what I jotted down:
- Sometimes, it’s OK to not be OK. After all, we are all human and we all have “human stuff” going on in our lives.
- It’s OK to not make the sale.
- It’s OK to not reach your goal (once in a while).
- It’s OK to not like your job every day.
- It’s OK to feel like you don’t know enough or know everything.
- It’s OK to wonder if this is what you want to do for the rest of your career.
- It’s OK some days to not feel as if you are successful.
- It’s OK some days to not feel like you’re a good manager.
The truth is … everyone feels this way once in a while!
- It’s OK to ask for help!
- It’s OK to talk to your manager or a co-worker about how you’re feeling … just don’t let your clients and prospects know you feel this way.
Remember, every bad day allows us to appreciate the good ones!
Now, go out and make it the Best Day of Your Life So Far – Even if you need to fake it!
Some days, it’s OK to not be OK, as long as you…
NEVER Stop Learning – and – Get Better Every Day!