Able to relocate? Yes
MARIDA LYN PETITJEAN
[email protected] | C: (562) 754-1540 | 1401 Hollydale Drive, Fullerton, CA 92831
Successful marketing executive with talent for cultivating high-performance teams, improving client relations and maximizing results. Bringing 20+ years in the field of marketing, advertising, property management and broadcast media.
• Media relations
• Skilled multi-tasker
• Brand development
• Marketing strategist
• Event planning
• Quality leadership
• Strategic media placement • Time management skills
• Team building
• Strategic decision making
• SalesForce, OnQ, PowerPoint, Excel
• Project management
• Social Media
DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles-Norwalk
Corporate Sales Manager
9/2019 – present
• Responsible for negotiating and booking new and repeat local and global corporate clients using multiple internal and external channels
while capturing the client’s vision and effectively conveying the specifications to appropriate departments.
• Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts.
• Elevating the hotel’s market share awareness and driving further business as the Social Media Ambassador responsible for Facebook and Instagram accounts for the property.
Simon Property Group, The Shops at Montebello
Director of Marketing and Business Development
12/2013 – 1/2019
• Delivered financial gains by increasing footfall an average of 5% year over year and creating and executing original core programming such as Lunar New Year, Prom Preview, Diaper Derby, SGK More than Pink, Breakfast with Santa and Hispanic Heritage Month.
• Built and launched annual marketing plan focusing on strategies and tactics for media, programming, social media and customer outreach.
• Outperformed annual goals increasing shopper email database 250% within 5 years. Facebook and Instagram followers increased 65%.
• Responsible for the business operations of a fully staffed Guest Services department. Hired, trained, supervised and inspired marketing team. Monitored job performance and provided problem solving solutions.
• Exceeded sponsorship revenue, Visa gift card sales and Guest Services mystery shop goals of 100% or more every year.
• Implemented million-dollar marketing budget to support mall activations, college scholarship program, tourism outreach, media placement, grand openings, and brand messaging. Responsible for monthly forecasting in Anaplan and maximizing marketing dollars by analyzing ROI and profit/loss statements.
• Secured sponsorship and leasing revenue totaling $200,000 annually from partnerships with FYE (artist performances), Montebello Bus Lines, Chevrolet of Montebello, J. Stephens, and Uber.
• Cultivated strong relationships with key tenants; Macy's, H&M, Old Navy, BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, and Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ.
Viamedia/Verizon Fios Cable Advertising
Sr. Account Executive
09/2010 – 12/2013
• Achieved senior account executive status by exceeding annual budgets by 30% and retaining more than 75% of annual accounts.
• Developed the North Inland Empire zone including the San Gabriel Valley introducing Verizon Fios cable advertising to brand new prospects.
• Produced client list of 22 advertisers billing $900,000 in annual revenue.
• Designed and directed call to action commercial production for Valley Hi Toyota, Primm Valley Casino Resorts, and Palm Court Shopping Center.
10/2009 – 12/2013
• Launched new marketing and advertising agency for Southern California shopping centers. Clients included Victoria Gardens; The Shops at Dos Lagos; and Palm Court Shopping Center.
• Negotiated and placed media buys for the KIIS-FM Summer Concert Series at The Shoppes At Chino Hills; Rockin' by the Lakes concert series at The Shops at Dos Lagos; and Ellen K. appearances at Victoria Gardens.
KOLA 99.9, CLASSIC HITS
Sr. Account Executive
10/2007 – 10/2009
• Revitalized KOLA Cares for Kids Radiothon for Loma Linda Children’s Hospital, Holiday Inn Ontario Client Appreciation Party, KOLA Ticket Tour, and KOLA Private Movie Screenings producing $120,000 in revenue.
• Exceeded annual budget in 2008 by $250,000 and received the Superior Achiever Award.
RADIO DISNEY 1110
03/2007 – 10/2007
• Established new client relationships and presented national synergy packages to support Disney Channel programming.
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati | Cincinnati, Ohio
Bachelor of Arts in Economics – Professional Practice Certificate (5-year Co-op Program)
• Board of Directors, 2017-2019, Whittier Boys & Girls Club
• Troy High School PTSA, Grad Night Chair, 2017-2019
• President, V.P. Membership, Advisory Panel, 1996-2006, American Women in Radio and Television