The Alliance for Women in Media and its foundation announced its 2017 National Board of Directors this week, which includes Radio Ink Publisher Deborah Parenti as a Director-at-Large. The Board gathered in Washington, DC, and the meeting included several days of judging for the 42nd Annual Gracie Awards. Here are the new board members:
- Chairperson‐Elect of AWM/F is Christine Travaglini, President, Christal Radio/KRG Partnerships, NY, N.Y.
- The Treasurer of AWM/F is Keisha Sutton-James, Vice President, Inner City Broadcasting Corp., NY, N.Y.
Past Chairperson of AWM/F is Kristen Welch, former SVP of Global Content Operations at Discovery Communications, Washington, D.C.
- The following individuals will serve as Directors at Large of AWM:
- Jinny Laderer, President, vCreative, Babson Park, Fla.
- Heather Cohen, Executive Vice President, The Weiss Agency, NY, N.Y.
- Laura Martinez, Senior Director, Affiliate Sales, Cumulus/Westwood One, Washington, D.C.
- Karla Ballard Williams, Founder, YING, Los Angeles, Calif.;
- Christina Barlowe, Principal Adviser / Media and Entertainment, Next Media Partners, NY, N.Y.
- Kelly DeLace Perdomo, Vice President, Content, Sports, Entertainment, and Partnership Marketing, SiriusXM, NY, N.Y.
- Susie Hedrick, VP, Radio Sales, Wide Orbit, Inc., San Francisco.
- Meg LaVigne, President of Television, Litton Entertainment, Charleston, S.C.
- Josie Thomas, Executive Vice President, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, CBS Corporation, NY, N.Y.
- Gayle Trotter, President, American Women’s Alliance, Washington, D.C.
- Alison Rudnick, Vice President, Communications, HLN, NY, N.Y.
The following individuals will serve as Directors at Large of AWMF:
– Deborah Parenti, Publisher, RadioInk, Boynton Beach, Fla.
– Valerie Blackburn, Project Manager, CBS Radio, NY, N.Y.
– Heather Cohen, Executive Vice President, The Weiss Agency, NY, N.Y.
– Anne Cowan, Senior Vice President, Communications & Marketing, CTAM, Washington, D.C.
– Annie Howell, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, The Punch Point Group, Washington, D.C.
– Christine McLaughlin, Of Counsel, Sciarrino & Shubert, PLLC, Washington, D.C.
– Rob Stoddard, SVP Program Network Policy, NCTA – The Internet & Television Association, Washington, D.C.
– Karla Ballard Williams, Founder, YING, Los Angeles, Calif.