You may have heard about the SoundExchange announcement, Monday, regarding music becoming available for podcasters in 2020. On the “Broadcasters Meet Podcasters” track a Thursday session is being held to discuss that very topic. Here are the details.
The panel will be at 3:30 p.m. Thursday and includes:
– Richard Conlon, Chief Corporate Development Officer, SoundExchange
– Andrew Harding, President, Business Development, SourceAudio/Podcastmusic.com
– Peter Morris, CEO, PodcastOne
– David Oxenford, Partner, Wilkinson Barker Knauer LLP
– Doug Reed, EVP Music and Library Services, SourceAudio/Podcastmusic.com
The panel will be moderated by Paul Jacobs, Vice President/General Manager, Jacobs Media.
“The podcast industry is rapidly growing, and this collaboration will provide SoundExchange’s music creators – both labels and publishers – with an additional way to monetize their work by making their music available on Podcastmusic.com if they choose,” said Michael Huppe, President and CEO of SoundExchange. “Our collaboration with SourceAudio will make the process of licensing music simpler through a one-stop licensing marketplace.”