SiriusXM’s Automatic Labs has released its Connected Car Assistant. It is available to drivers nationwide for $99.99 via Automatic.com, Amazon.com, Best Buy and BestBuy.com, Crutchfield.com, and CarToys.com, with more retailers scheduled to join. The cost includes three years of free Automatic Select service, as well as six months of free Premium service, such as roadside assistance, real-time location monitoring and sharing, and more.
Automatic is suitable for most vehicles model year 1996 or later that can be transformed into connected vehicles.
• Crash Alert: Detects when a serious collision occurs and enables responders to contact the driver, send emergency services, and contact a driver’s emergency contacts.
• Roadside assistance: Sends towing and roadside services to a driver’s location when help is needed.
• Real-time vehicle location monitoring and sharing: Shows where car is parked in a crowded lot or street, and can keep a driver connected with family while out on the road.
• Engine light diagnostics and vehicle performance monitoring: Gain insights on vehicle performance and identify issues when check engine light is on.
• Integration with smart home devices: Open garage door, adjust thermostat, turn on house lights, and more, on your way to or from home.
• Cashless toll payment processing: Powered by PayTollo, an Automatic subsidiary, pay tolls seamlessly on major toll roads and bridges in select states.
“We are very excited to reintroduce the Automatic Connected Car Assistant to the marketplace for drivers at an affordable price and at many of the most popular retailers nationwide,” said Joe Verbrugge, SiriusXM’s EVP and Division President, Connected Vehicle.