Tonight ABC’s 20/20 will air a segment on the 2012 murder of Atlantic County radio host April Kauffman. Investigators say Kauffman’s death was connected to a prescription drug ring that involved her husband, Dr. James Kauffman, and members of the Pagans motorcycle gang. Authorities believe Kauffman was killed on orders from her husband after she threatened to tell police about the drug operation.
Investigators say the trouble began in 2011, when April Kauffman threatened a divorce and threatened to expose the drug operation. Kauffman was found dead in her Linwood, New Jersey home.
Seven people were indicted by a grand jury:
– 61-year-old Ferdinand Augello of Petersburg, NJ
– 61-year-old Paul Pagno of Egg Harbor Township, NJ
– 52-year-old Joseph Mulholland of Villas, NJ
– 47-year-old Beverly Augello of Summerland, FL
– 37-year-old Glenn Seeler of Sanford, NC
– 35-year-old Tabitha Chapman of Absecon, NJ
– 36-year-old Cheryl Pizza of Murrells Inlet, SC.
Authorities say Augello was the leader of the drug ring. Dr. James Kauffman, who was already in jail for the plot, was found dead in his jail cell in January. Authorities say he committed suicide.