Ten years and counting. WGN Radio has again been named Chicago Market Station of the Year at the 2017 Illinois Broadcasters Association Silver Dome Awards, which were held on June 8 in Champaign. In addition, Tribune Media President of Broadcasting Larry Wert was honored as IBA’s “Broadcaster of the Year” at the ceremony.
“We’re so proud to share Chicago stories every day with personalities who are authentic and passionate,” said Todd Manley, WGN Radio Vice President of Programming & Content. “I know our entire staff is grateful for these honors.”
In addition to Station of the Year, WGN Radio earned first place in five categories:
- Best Radio Local Broadcast Team – The Nick Digilio Show
- Best Radio Station Use of New Media – Honoring Our Marines by Shanae Paulus and Jackie Paulus
- Best Radio News Reporter – Andrea Darlas
- Best Radio Series or Documentary – National Parks at 100: Our Midwest Treasures by Dave Schwan
- Best Radio Play-by-Play – “Blackhawks Force Game 7 vs Blues” by John Wiedeman and Troy Murray