The inaugural Hubbard Radio Talent Institute debuted Monday on the campus of Central Washington University in Washington State. Hubbard CEO Ginny Morris opened the 10-day teaching event, followed by Alpha Media Chairman Larry Wilson (pictured here). Twenty-one students will learn about radio from attending nearly 40 sessions on every aspect of radio, including on-air, production, promotions, digital/social media, news, sports, and sales, with each student being certified as a Radio Marketing Professional by RAB.
Hubbard CEO Ginny Morris said, “Compelling and relatable on-air talent is what separates local radio from all other audio entertainment services. Our investment in the National Radio Talent System at Central Washington University is an extension of Hubbard Radio’s commitment to do our part to nurture and grow the talent pipeline for the industry. We are proud to partner with Dan Vallie and his team in this important initiative.”
Dan Vallie, founder and President of the National Radio Talent System, stated, “We are thrilled and flattered to have Hubbard partner with us to continue growing the talent farm system for radio, discovering, coaching, and incubating young talent who have a desire and passion to be in radio broadcasting. As critical as embracing technology is to our industry, eventually everyone has access to the same technology…what makes the difference, always has and always will, is people. This young talent is our future.”
Other broadcasters who will appear at the event and lead sessions include:
– Marc Kaye, Vice President/Market Manager for Hubbard Seattle.
– Carl Gardner, Vice President/Market Manager of Bonneville International Seattle.
– Tim McNamara, Vice President/ Market Manager, Entercom Media Portland.
– Jackson Dell Weaver, General Manager, KAYO and KGY Olympia.
– Doug Harvill, Senior VP/Market Manager, CBS Radio San Francisco.
– Greg Strassell, Senior VP/Programming for Hubbard Radio.
– Jaye Albright and Becky Brenner from Albright & O’Malley & Brenner Consulting.
– Jeff McHugh, Media Talent Coach, the Randy Lane Company.