Max Media of Hampton Roads is searching for an Engineer. The Engineer maintains the installation, maintenance/repair of studio equipment, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. For us the broadcast business is more than just playing music, it is about serving our communities, our listeners, our employees, and our advertisers. The center of GREAT radio is a GREAT signal so we “darn near” worship a solid engineer. We are looking for a radio engineer with a successful track record. The person we are looking for is someone who sees the future of radio and is excited about it. This is a critical position in our company. (That you’d get to work in an area that is full of every outdoor experience possible is simply a plus). Includes: assisting with telecommunications, computer and networking systems.
Who We Are:
Max Media of Hampton Roads currently features 5 stations in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and surrounding counties.
• Maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
• Oversee a cluster of 5 radio stations – 4 FM’s / 1 AM as well an HD 2 (possibly more to come).
• Follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
• Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance
• Installs and performs maintenance on broadcast consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
• Assists with maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems
• 24/7 on call
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations preferred
• Computer literacy in or the desire to lean applicable software packages
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level preferred
• Ability to assist in troubleshooting and repairing AM and FM transmitting facilities
• Knowledge of electrical systems and the UPS and standby generators
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit System is a plus
• Troubleshoot HVAC systems problems and minor maintenance as needed
• Knowledge of telephone systems including VOIP
• Interact with management and staff at all levels
• Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines and skills in prioritizing
• May be required to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders is required
• Minimum 5+ years in broadcast engineering or related field
Education and Licensing:
• Associates or technical degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience
• SBE Certification a plus
• Must possess valid state driver’s license and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Professional growth and career path
• Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Max Media of Hampton Roads is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
5589 Greenwich Road Suite 200
Virginia Beach, VA, United States