KDKD/KXEA | Radford Media Group LLC | http://www.radfordmediagroup.com
Radford Media Group – KDKD AM/FM & KXEA FM in Clinton, Missouri is seeking a full-time News Reporter/Anchor for both on-air and digital assets. The ideal candidate is someone with a great attitude and an exceptional work ethic, is capable of wearing any hat in the newsroom, and is able to naturally resonate with the audience and user base.
The news anchor position requires that candidates have the ability to operate the audio console. Candidates should be able to write and report news both on air and through social media and websites. This is a multitasking position. Ideal candidates will have minimum 2-3 years prior experience in anchoring, news writing, and digital reporting. Online video reporting is a plus. Knowledge of digital audio and video software is important, and you must have complete knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
Radford Media Group has a passion for great radio and digital content. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
● Collects, gathers and produces information to be shared with the public
● Consistently and routinely relies on diligence, intelligence and accuracy in the presentation of the final output
● Presents commercial copy and sponsor billboards as needed
● Presents elements such as news, traffic, weather, sports, and business reports
● May report live or recorded (audio and/or video and/or text) on scenes of news events, often needing to ad lib gathered information
● Create and publish social media and web news postings
● Perform other duties consistent with position and other duties as assigned
Requirements for this position include the following:
● Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
● Computer literacy in applicable programs
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
● Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
● Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
● Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment
● High School diploma
● Must possess a valid state driver’s license
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include an mp3 or link to a video.
Radford Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
2201 N Antioch St
Clinton, MO, United States