Job Details:: Good Karma Broadcasting is seeking a Chief Radio Engineer with experience in broadcast media. The Chief Radio Engineer will be responsible for maintenance of equipment, maintaining broadcast systems and all station technical operations within FCC regulations while adhering to company policies to ensure world class delivery of content to our local communities.
The successful candidate will be familiar with radio related technologies, networking and IT, PC/software maintenance and repair, AM and FM transmitter repair and installation, digital and analog audio, EAS equipment and studio equipment maintenance. The Chief Engineer will work alongside the Director of IT who will continue to lead that department. This candidate will possess the ability to prioritize work, manage the stress of a high-pressure work environment, and comply with all company procedures and internal controls associated with the assigned duties.
Celebrating 22 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at [email protected].
Daily Tasks of a Chief Radio Engineer:
• Maintain and repair all technical and electronic equipment at the studios and transmitter sites with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Install, monitor and perform maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antenna systems, meters, control systems, and remote equipment, including accurate record keeping.
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair local computer infrastructure to include local area network, on-air automation system and office workstation.
• Assist with, as necessary, the technical needs at remote broadcasts and live performances.
• Manage contract engineers in markets outside of Wisconsin.
• Ability to accurately project capital expenditures and annual budgeting.
• Participation in alternative inspections.
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Work Hard, Over Deliver, and Follow Through.
• Associates or technical degree in Broadcasting Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience.
• This position requires a minimum of five years’ experience in electronic troubleshooting, including repairs for audio, video, and radio frequency, microwave, equipment and experience working in satellite communications; with a minimum five years’ experience as Station Assistant Chief Engineer or Staff Engineer.
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Excellent knowledge of basic electronics theory.
• Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing, AES and AoIP protocols, digital audio delivery and automation, EAS, studio telephone and engineering IT systems, and automated content-delivery systems.
• Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities.
• IT skills including PC/server trouble shooting and repair and knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, local area networking, and internet.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven experience interacting with management and staff at all levels with ability to multi-task and handles pressures and deadlines.
• Excellent problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
• Must possess valid state driver’s license and provide required driving record and proof of insurability.
• Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 75 pounds, with the ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
• Ability to be on call for afterhours emergencies.
• Experience with WideOrbit Automation for radio.
• Experience with Axia AoIP and Wheatstone.
• Experience with Directional AM Systems.
• Knowledge of telephone systems.
• SBE, Microsoft, and CompTIA Certifications.
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license.
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary. All fulltime teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities.
Opportunity For Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
For Consideration: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, December 6, 2019.
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. In addition to Beaver Dam, radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, and seven ESPN affiliated radio stations. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.