Manage Programming Department for KGLK and all related streams and HD products. This position will report to the Director of Operations, manage and oversee the day to day operation of station to include, but not limited to overseeing music, imaging, social media, brand marketing, brand contesting, digital, and developing and coaching on-air talent. Create an open, creative and innovative environment where the next great idea can be cultivated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for department budget.
• Develop and execution of station strategic action plan.
• Hiring and coaching of station programming staff, including air check sessions.
• Brand management focusing to gain market share, boost brand image and marketing to increase popularity among target listeners.
• Champion big idea generation driving creativity and innovation for our brand.
• Develop a strategic digital and communication strategy using on-line marketing and engagement strategies across mobile and digital platforms. Harness the power of the internet and engage listeners.
• Strive to create a streaming strategy that everyone can easily tap into. Smartphones and smart speakers are a major point of entry for reaching people outside of the classic dial. Engage the audience more directly with the station brand and create more audience participation via the station app with its unique innovative functions.
• Daily scheduling of music.
• Staff scheduling.
• Writing and production of station imaging elements.
• Weekly/quarterly monitoring of station.
• Air shift and/or voice tracking.
• Oversight of station research projects.
• Regular meetings with the Director of Operations.
• Miscellaneous other duties upon request.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
• Four (4) year college degree preferred but not required.
• Minimum of five (5) years radio programming experience, preferably as the Program Director in a large or major market.
• Music Master and Wide Orbit knowledge is essential.
• Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Extensive Social Media aptitude across all platforms.