Cox Media Group is looking for a Program Director for Tampa’s Hot 101.5 WPOI. The Program Director will be responsible for leading and/or collaborating with other departments on all aspects of the radio station including on-air content, events, promotions, contesting, and digital presence.
Qualified applicants will have proven leadership and management skills, strategic thinking skills and the ability to communicate a clear vision while motivating and inspiring those around them. Experience with talent coaching, event management, image copy writing, a deep knowledge and understanding of branding/imaging and understanding effective digital engagement are required.
• Reviews and determines all content; Works in concert with OM and strategic team on music play lists; schedules programming in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws; protects station license.
• Plans and oversees tone, programming, production, sound & theme, website, online presence, and social media.
• Fields record label calls, schedules music, and checks social media to ensure music remains consistent with station’s brand.
• Identifies, recruits, and coaches on-air talent, producers, , e.g., frequently listens/aircheck sessions with on-air talent
• Provides direction to DJ and audio engineer on content
• Partners with Ops Manager, strategic team and sales in support of local and corporate business goals to increase market share, listeners, ratings, advertiser satisfaction, and revenue while aligning programming fit with client, station, and audience; creates talent and station marketing, promotion, and image campaigns.
• Works with strategic team to determine and maintain creative vision for station(s) to enhance station image and visibility within the community.
• Evaluates programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
• Schedules staff for on-air shifts, remotes, and appearances.
• Ensures staff has taken/passed/maintained all company programs, plans, and training (e.g., RBI, Payola/Plugola).
• Manages Programming Department budget on a yearly, quarterly, and monthly basis.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, artists’ managers, composers and other industry contacts.
• Prior experience as a Program Director in a Top 4-CHR format.
• Extensive knowledge of Neilson data analysis; working knowledge of Music Master and Wide Orbit
• Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres, excellent on-air performance, familiarity with radio programming
• Excellent team leadership and delegation skills, including motivation of staff; can set goals & expectations, provide honest feedback and manage performance
• Prior experience directing and managing a team
• Prior experience connection with an audience via on-air shift.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi-task and meet specific deadlines
• Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
• Ability to think both tactically and strategically
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
• Entrepreneurial and assertive in meeting goals
• Ability to influence others, inspire innovation and ensure a client focus. Responsible for Mon-Fri on air shift. Apply here.