Cox Media Group is looking for a Program Director for one of the most important radio stations in America: Orlando’s legendary and top-rated News, Weather & Traffic Station, FM96.5 and AM580 WDBO.
This position demands a candidate with the ability and experience to lead a dynamic, veteran news department and programming staff. Because of this station’s profile locally and nationally, only candidates with the highest level of execution, creativity and leadership will be considered. WDBO features Central Florida’s Morning News with Joe Kelley; and top-rated syndicated shows like Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmeade and Dana Lash.
• Overall Brand Manager of WDBO and all distribution channels, whether on-air or digital.
• Team leader of a highly talented air staff and news department; ability to coach air talent, including the ability to communicate the goals, structure and execution of the station formatics; ability to communicate effectively with our television and network news, weather and traffic partners. Will oversee and work closely with the station’s News Director to deliver content that is consistently fresh, compelling and properly targeted.
• Smooth and seamless integration of syndicated product to localize the sound of all dayparts; consistent communication with both local and syndicated staffs.
• Leadership of Strategic Team to formulate and execute strategies and tactics; will work closely with company’s Director of Programming, Format Leader and Consultant on execution of brand strategies.
• Create and write excellent imaging that reflects the station’s strategic direction.
• Responsible for station operations 24/7/365.
• Hiring and retaining top-flight full-and part-time air talent, both in programming and news.
• Oversight of all station digital platforms, such as web site and web content, social media, and database.
• Planning and oversight of station research.
• Will work closely with other cluster and group Program Directors to achieve cluster goals.
• Possible cluster responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or General Manager.
• Minimum 5 years of programming management experience, with experience preferable in News-Talk.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer skills for audio delivery and automations systems, such as Wide Orbit, Maestro or Audiovault.
• Extensive digital experience with station websites and social media.
• On-air experience, and experience operating all on-air and production equipment.
• Track record of success in ratings and revenue; PPM experience preferred.
• Available as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays.