Cox Media Group San Antonio is looking for a Program Director for KONO 101.1. The Program Director will be responsible for working with the strategic team to develop and execute the strategy for the station and brand.
The Program Director will be responsible for leading and/or collaborating with other departments on all aspects of the radio station including on-air content, events, promotions, contesting, and digital presence. Qualified applicants will have proven leadership and management skills, strategic thinking skills and the ability to communicate a clear vision while motivating and inspiring those around them. Experience with talent coaching, event management, image copy writing, a deep knowledge and understanding of branding/imaging and understanding effective digital engagement are required.
Applicants should have at least five years of programming experience, understand PPM audience measurement, FCC rules and regulations, and will have the proven ability to work hand-in-hand with the sales department to develop new and existing business and programming opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage Programming Department and oversee the day to day operation of station to include, but not limited to overseeing music, imaging, social media, brand marketing, brand contesting, digital, and developing and coaching on-air talent. Responsible for department budget.
• Create an open, creative and innovative environment where the next great idea can be cultivated.
• Development and execution of station strategic action plan.
• Hiring and coaching of station programming staff. To include air check sessions with staff.
• Brand management focusing on marketing to increase popularity among target listeners, gain market share and boost brand image.
• Champion big idea generation driving creativity and innovation for our brand.
• Develop a strategic digital and communication strategy using on-line marketing and engagement strategies across mobile and digital platforms. Harness the power of the internet and engage listeners. The smartphone and the web enabled phone have become a point of entry for reaching people away from home. Strive to create a streaming strategy that everyone can easily tap into. The station app, with its unique innovative functions, that engages the audience more directly with the station brand and create more audience participation with the station brand.
• Daily scheduling of music.
• Staff scheduling.
• Writing and production of station imaging elements.
• Weekly/quarterly monitoring of station.
• Air shift and/or voice tracking.
• Oversight of station research projects.
• Miscellaneous other duties upon request.
• Four (4) year college degree preferred but not required.
• Minimum of five (5) years radio programming experience, preferably as the Program Director required.
• Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Wide Orbit and Adobe 3.0 knowledge is essential.
• Requires good typing, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.