The Radio Producer is responsible for managing all aspects of the Morning Glory radio show ensuring content meets EWTN broadcast standards. Develops program ideas consistent with the mission and collaborates with the hosts. Responsibilities also include being a member of the on-air team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Produces all aspects of the radio morning show ensuring all content meets EWTN broadcast standards:
• Manages the production of the morning show and all content.
• Directs the team through the game plan during the show, produces & board ops.
• Participates as a member of the on-air team.
• Manages hosts’ schedule and rotating schedule of clergy.
• Works in collaboration with the show team in the planning process daily, researches topics, prepares daily prep sheet and talking points.
• Preps listener emails, calls, and social media offerings for show insert.
• Continuously develops creative ideas to ensure the success and growth of the show.
• Monitors and replies to listener inquiries (email, social media, etc.) and updates web page daily.
• Conducts pre-show and post-show meetings and air checks team frequently.
• Ensures in-show production, recorded messaging and promos are fresh and on target.
• Keeps abreast of current affairs; religious, secular & pop culture and how they relate to and contribute to the show.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience producing major market radio broadcasts or related experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, the Magisterium, and how they relate to the programming goals of the network.
• A passionate, multi-skilled and multi-talented professional that can manage & direct all aspects of producing a global morning show broadcast.
• Ability to collaborate, manage, motivate, build rapport, and coach exceptional talent with diplomacy, empathy and patience.
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, work calmly and effectively under pressure, meet tight deadlines, is prompt, thorough, with ability to follow through.
• Working knowledge of digital audio systems (Wide Orbit, Adobe Audition preferred).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social media platforms, podcasting, WordPress.
• Possess excellent writing skills, ability to generate prep materials and original ideas, and think creatively about how to communicate to the show team.
• Capacity to ID, troubleshoot & communicate technical & computer issues, and offer solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in media or other relevant field; or equivalent training and experience.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, CDU Educational assistance, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.