Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and/or operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Provide vision, direction and guidance for all KKFN and KEPN programming and content development, including sports personality-driven talk shows. Work closely with performing talent to maximize their performance and that of the product. Work with radio and digital teams to ensure product components complement one another. Meet the company’s goals by delivering the highest degree of community service, maximizing Nielsen ratings and digital audience metrics, supporting the company’s sales and finance teams and responsibly managing the company’s resources.
One of America’s best sports cities and biggest sports radio stations is looking for a brand manager to bring strategic vision for 104.3 The Fan (KKFN) and ESPN 1600 Denver (KEPN) directing all radio and digital content and overseeing audience development. Coach high profile, top performing local personalities to help maximize performance in Nielsen ratings and other digital audience metrics. Work closely with the sales leadership to capitalize on revenue opportunities and create new sales assets. Be a Denver champion by delivering the highest degree of service to improve the lives of those in the community.
Create, implement and manage the sound, brand, talent, imaging and market position of Denver’s top rated KKFN and ESPN 1600 through all distribution points in order to reach and exceed goals for ratings, revenue and profitability.
1. Develop and articulate a clear and compelling product strategic vision, direction and strategy for 104.3 The Fan along with supporting tactics in order to help all employees to understand the direction and their individual roles in creating success while maintaining that direction
2. Partner with VP/Market Manager to establish 104.3 The Fan and 1600 ESPN Denver programming strategy, determine tactical plans and achieve performance goals.
3. Hire, coach, develop, and evaluate 104.3 The Fan programming personnel in a manner that helps them maximize their potential and their contribution to the company and our distribution platforms
4. Work closely with all parts of the company’s operations, including sales, promotions, administration, digital media, sister broadcast stations and corporate functions so that the station makes a full contribution to the company’s success.
5. Maintain quality control and presentation consistency for all 104.3 The Fan and 1600 ESPN Denver branded content. Ensure full compliance with FCC guidelines and company standards.
6. Serve as brand manager of 104.3 The Fan and 1600 ESPN Denver making sure the brands are properly aligned, represented and protected with all content; including marketing, appearances, promotions, social media and more.
7. Establish annual operating budgets and ensure that programming operations function within budget and in accordance with company policies and all federal state and local laws
8. Work in partnership with engineering, IT, digital media teams and other resources to advance the distribution and presentation of the 104.3 The Fan and 1600 ESPN Denver products using emerging technologies
9. Participate in and actively support Bonneville’s EEO policy as it relates to recruitment, selection, evaluation, compensation, training, promotion and termination taking a proactive role in supporting Bonneville’s policy to prevent harassment of any kind with the workplace, at off-site places of company business and at company sponsored social venues
10. Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Three (3) + years as a Sports or Spoken Word Program Director
2. Proven experience in building top performing radio and digital properties
3. Proven experience in station imaging and brand development
4. Excellent knowledge of Nielsen methodology, Media/radio Programming and Market research
5. Proven ability to develop and direct digital strategies for radio
6. Up-to-date knowledge and skills in the use of digital tools and social media and the ability to teach and coach these skills
7. Thorough knowledge of FCC regulations
8. Ability to provide direction, organization, creativity and strategy regarding talent, talent selection and development, promotions, production, creating station imaging to produce a marketable and sellable radio station brand
9. Ability to guide development of station promotions and contesting, web promotions and sales promotions working with appropriate departments to maintain quality and legal standards.
Please apply here.